Rise of the MuTeens Chapter 6:

 Rise of the MuTeens:

Chapter 6: Detour

***

Moca, Puerto Rico: Abandoned house:
A group of men are punching a man chained up with a burlap sack above his head. The only distinguishable feature is a tattoo of crossed swords on his right arm. 

"¿Eso es todo? Yo esperaba una paliza mejor" said the prisoner. "You fucking pussies, my kid sister hits harder than that!" Groaning after each punch, the prisoner kept Taunting
 "Hurt me More! More, More!" 

One of the thugs grabs a steel pipe, but is stopped by a Mutant bat. "Ya lo ablandaron lo suficiente. Ahora mi festín" said the bat as he removed the burlap sack. The Bat hissed at Nick's face. Nick was unimpressed.

"¿Sabes quién soy?" Said the Mutant bat. Nick looked at him and chuckled. "What's so funny?" Said the bat.

"Muere... monstruo... tú no... perteneces... a éste mundo" said Nick in the most deadpan and soulless way possible. 

"¿Castlevania? Ah ya veo, porque soy un vampiro-"

"El pedazo te miro tralalalalalalaa!"  Responded Nick. "You don't scare me, Edward..." 

"Di-did you just called me Twilight!?" Said the bat. "He called me Edward! YOUR death will be painful!" 

"Tribute!? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"  Said Nick. "Mankind ill needs a savior such as you..."

" Y dale con Castlevania... You're tied, I'm not. You're barely holding on, I'm well rested... what is your plan here?"
Replied the Bat. "Yo soy el Vampiro de Moca y ningún pendejo me va a tumbar. Mucho menos un fucking gamer."

"Grand cross!" Said Nick as various crucifixes appeared from the ground attacking everyone around Nick. The chains turned into Vampire Killer. Immediately Nick backflipped over the thugs as his hair turned back to normal. He wrapped the whip like a bandolier and taunted the first thug who threw the first punch. Nick dodged left. The thug tried a backhand attack but Nick dodged and open palm struck him in the chest. "I should play more Tekken." Nick thought. Parrying the kicks from the next thug, Nick was being pushed back to the other thugs. Sensing the three thugs were about to jump him, Nick sat in lotus position while yelling "YOGA!" As he teleported behind the kicker Nick prepared his next attack. "Tatsumakisenpuukyaku!" By unleashing the Famous Hurricane Kick from the Ansatsuken style. Knocking the first thug out. Two thugs grab Nick by the arms. Nick's hair glows gold as he spins like Crash Bandicoot and flings two thugs away. One of the thug runs away as the fifth and sixt thug remain. Nick flings a green fireball and knocks the runaway thug. 

"Booooriiiiiiiiiimg!" Said Vampiro. "Ustedes no sirven, todo tengo que hacerlo yo."  As Vampiro jumped to the fray he screeched forcing Nick to cover his ears. What's wrong, pendejo? No witty rem-" 

*crack!*

Nick whipped Vampiro in the face. 

"¡Hijo de puta te voy a matar!" Yelled Vampiro.

"Item Crash!"  Retorted Nick as his whip became a flame whip and hit Vampiro on the other side of the face.  "Give it up, pretender! You don't stand a chance! "  

*crack*
The whip wrapped itself around Vampiro' s neck. The Bat was struggling to breathe, so Nick releases his hold and Vampiro slumps to the ground coughing and gasping for air. Swiftly Nick fires an ice blast to keep Vampiro in place. "Cornflake, my location now. Got the wannabe."  Said Nick after pulling a communicator hidden in his pants.

"Dijiste que yo no soy el verdadero Vampiro de Moca. ¿Cómo lo sabes?" Said Vampiro.

"Porque yo soy el Vampiro de Moca... ¡Mujajajajajajajajaja! Kidding. I know what happened to the original vampire and you're just a recent accident from the EPF and I'm the clean up crew." Replied Nick as he ate a candy bar from his pocket.

***
Del Valle-Rodriguez house: 2 hours ago: 
Nick was waiting for the grill to heat up in order to throw some steaks on the Grill. Johnny and his wife, Leslie were sitting on the porch drinking lemonade, while Celeste was playing with her neice. 

"Wow, Johnny you a father... I can't believe it! I mean so young and such a huge responsibility... You're a real man amongst men for doing the honorable thing and taking responsibility." Said Nick. "And Leslie, wow... you are a lot different than I remembered... you used to bully us! Now you're Johnny's wife!"

Leslie smiled awkwardly. "To be honest, Nico, this is very awkward for everyone. You disappear for ten years and all of a sudden are back and Celi calls me like a maniac telling me you're back! We're grown and now we're complete strangers. Yet in a distant past we were like peanut butter and jelly. I'm glad that you were able to find your way after your Mom's death. It's just that we now have different goals in life. I'm a family man and you are a vigilante?" Said Johnny. "I just can't wrap my head around it."

"It makes sense, Honey." Said Leslie. "Orphaned at a young age. Had strong moral fiber since his childhood. To the point that he puts himself in danger to do what's right. I never forgot what you said to me after you found out I had punched Celeste. I remember how you threw a punch at me but stopped before it could make contact and then dented an aluminum door with your fist. You were scary, but it was later when I understood what you did. Avenging the defenseless, but your sense of honor stopped you from stooping to my level."

"I-I'm so sorry for my behavior" said Nick. 

"Apology accepted but not needed. You were just being Celi's hero. As I was saying, Nico becoming a vigilante after getting powers is the most logical evolution of his character. Yes, Nico, I'm studying psychology." 

A black SUV parks in front of the Del Valle-Rodriguez house and from the back, a tall lanky man that looks like an accountant, slicked back light brown hair and pale skin. He was wearing sunglasses and had a big white glob of sunblock...

"Buenas días amigos, el gato no vende sombreros." Said Agent Kellogg. "Uno juguito de fruta pasión por favor. ¡Andále!" Kellogg said to Celeste.

"Johnny, could you tale care of the steaks for me? I have to get rid of an uneanted guest." Said Nick as he shoved Kellogg away. 

"¿Ése no es el agente de la EPF que wstuvo interrogando a Tío Guille en $eñor Mercado?" Asked Celeste a bit irritated. Johnny nodded. 

"He was trying to get Nico and to an extent us riled up perhaps to try and create a rift between him and us. To make him feel isolated and the only praise he can get is from the EPF. Textbook example of an abusove relationship." Said Leslie.

---
Inside the SUV:
Kellog hands a folder to Nick. "Oh Nick Jr. You've been a pain in my ass for quite some time. Your little Supermarket stunt made it easy to find you. We're going to the next town ove o hunt a little EPF accident that has taken the name of an urban legend... specifically speaking your Mom was el Vampiro de Moca. But the info surrounding that is classified. You need to focus on pur failed attempt at recreating the Mutanimal Wingnut. We made the mistake of reanimatimg a criminal's corpse for the experiment. So, with you being the only mutant under our payroll, you do the math." Said Kellogg.

"Call Bishop." Said Nick. As Bishop appears on the screen, Nick says: "I was going to return this weekend. I demand a week off after this mission." Bishop begins to laugh. "Spit it out Uncle John." 

"While you're hiding in your grandparents house, Your girlfriend has taken over the MuTeens and has  been working on whipping the team into shape."said Bishop. "She even got the out of EPF HQ into their own secret base. Where is the Seeker of power? Whimpering like a little boy. Do me this solod and you get your vacation. Hell, I'll fly you first class for your return home. Your girlfriend is waiting..." 

Nick skims the folder and tosses it at Kellogg. "I need cargo pants EPF underwear with hidden communicator and GPS. A small Crucifix. A candy bar, when you come to collect the bat, I'll need an ice cold soda." Said Nick.

"Just frink it like a normal person and don't do the Chang Moo shit you always do." Said Kellogg before lowering the window. "Me llevo a su amigo en mis pantalones." 

 Nick opened the door. "Jist give me a minute, Cornflake..." said Nick. "Ignore commander Racist here. He's so inbred that you could call him a sandwich. His mother is his sister and his father is his nephew. Duty calls, so Celeste, can you lock up after y'all are done? Terribly sorry for the inconvenience."

One change of clothes later and Nick is sleeping in the SUV. Kellogg hands over a m9 wih the serial number filed off and a backpack full of cocaine.

"That's how you'll find this vampiro, the info was on the dossoer I gave you. Just stand there looking stoned and his men will pick you up." Said Kellogg as he opens the door for Nick... "Good luck..."

After being dumped in a rural road, Nick walked towards the nearest tree to cover himself from the sun. He lies down under the tree using the backpack as a pillow. Barely 13 minutes pass and a geoup of armed men show up woth concealed weapons. "Thank goodness for Detective Mode." thought Nick as he slowly stood up. 

"¿Eres el muchacho? asked one of the men.

"No, soy un agente federal cargando cocaína para una redada."  Said Nick Sarcastically. "Por supuesto que soy el muchacho. Llevo esperando quince minutos, no es mucho pero cuando tienes suficiente talco para que Santini* se pueda empolvar la nariz 3 veces en medio día, cualquiera caga bloques."  Responded Nick . (*Jorge Santini, former mayor of San Juan, who is allegedly a coke fiend. Santini was called out by rapper Calle 13 daring the mayor to take a public doping test and Santini refused, cementing his alleged cole fiend status.)

"¡Para para para para ahí papá! Tenemos que revisarte." Said the man. As he came closer. The others pulled out their guns.

"Tengo una m9 atrás." Said Nick. "En caso de puercos, pero ustedes definitivanenre no son puercos."  As the dude took the gun from Nick before pistol whipping him.

***
Channel 6 newsroom:
Burne Thompson was pacing furiously. He just got off a meeting with federal agends that barred him from reporting about the incident at the EPF building and confiscated Aprol O'Neil's footage of theassove breakout prevented by the EPF, the Turtles, and other vigilantes. "The people need to know the truth! Thegovernment is keeping an army of mutant freaks so close to our population that could put all of our lives in danger, but my hands are tied! Sonce it all happened in a restricted area, I can't report on it! Goddammit!" An intern approached Burne

"Mr. Thompson, This clip of a teenager with superpowers is circling the internet and has been verified by Puerto Rican news stations. I know it's not your usual type of news, but this is not your average Mutant human/animal hybrid. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think I-" Said the intern as she played the video of the Supermarket security footage and the news story from Puerto Rican news stations on a monitor. 

"I don't care about your life's story. Just show me this 'superhero'!" Said Burne 

Julio passed by as he was reading his notes for today's weather forecast when he sw Nick's face on the monitor. "Wait, that's Nico... what's he doing there?"

"You know that kid? Said Burne." I thought you were Cuban."

Julio sighed. "Yes, but that's my nephew. Last I heard of him, he was here in New York. He was one of the survivors of the Foot Terrorist attack last year. What's he doing in Puerto Rico?" 

Burne's eyes lit up. An interview with a mysterious vigilante as a Channel 6 exclusive would please the shareholders. "So, Barril, how soon can you contact your nephew for an interview?" Said Burne. "This could be huge! Your nephew could not only become a celebrity, but an icon! A real hero that the people gan get behind of... not like those slimy turtles!" 

Vernon Fenwick was lostening intently to the conversation and butted in "Sir, I believe he should.be interviewed at my talk show, since it would allow us for more revenue to flow into the network, since it would be a prome time event and those pay better than news segments."  Said Vernon smarmily.

Burne rubbed his chin pondering Vernon's idea. "You're right! Let's reel in this catch! I smell a big story here!" Said Burne.  "O'Neil! Go with what's-her-name and read up on this Teen Superhero for tonight's news." 

The intern looked at Burne mildly miffed. "Sir my name is Bianca! Also, I was his classmate in middle school. I can stalk him on social media"

Burne nodded. "Alright, let's get ready for tonight and we'll work on the interview later."  Said Burne as he returned to his office. April walked towards Bianca and smiled.

"OK, Bianca, let's do this!" Said April as she walked towards a desk.

"Miss O'Neil, I think Mr. Thompson is making a mistake of giving the interview to Mr. Fenwick. Based on his social media, Cade has a soft spot for redehads. Look!"  Said Bianca as she shows April Nick's social media page full of pics of him with Barbara.

***
Del Valle-Rodriguez house:
After Johnny, Leslie and baby Karla; Celeste was cleaning up the porch when her phone began to ring.

*"Guantanamera guajira Guantanamera"*

"Mr. Barril, it's been a long time!" Said Celeste. 

"¿Celeste, comemierda, por qué no me dijiste que Nicolás estaba en la casa?" Said Julio mildly irritated. "I'm paying you to take care of the property and notify me when something unusual happens and my nephew showing up unannounced is unusual enough for me to get at least a text about it!" Said Julio. 

Before Celeste could answer, Nick arrived. He looked a bit bruised, but OK. "Nico, tu tío necesita hablar contigo. Ya te vió en la tele." Said Celeste as she tossed her phone. Nick's hair glowed gold as he dove to catch it. 

"Bendición, Tío Julio." Said Nick. He was being berated in both Spanish and English about vanishing from the face of the Earth and telling no one about it. After the long-winded tongue lashing was done, Julio told Nick the reason for this call.

"Sobrino, el canal quiere entrevistarte en relación a tus actos en el $eñor Mercado antes de ayer. ¿Estás dispuesto a dar esa entrevista?" Asked Julio.

"I'll be back to New York in a week. If they want it sooner than that, have them fly April O'Neil here and I'll gove them the interview by the pool in the backyard. Having April O'Neil in a bikini would most definitely raise those ratings among other things! Ow! Celeste, what the fuck!?"  Said Nick as Celeste punched him in the arm.

"Pig!" She said.

"Unfortunately, the Network wants to send Vernon." Said Julio "Also, don't you have a girlfriend?" 

"Indeed I do, but she knows of my crush on April and as an aficionado of the female form, no one can deny that Miss O'Neil has a figure worthy of admiration. But then again, I'm a sucker for natural redheads. But alright, I'll do the interview with Fenwick. If he can come tomorrow fine... but can you ask if we can get Miss O'Neil? I don't want to see Vernon in a pink banana hammock."  Replied Nick. "If you have to call, use Celeste's phone I left mine in New York by accident. Bendición,  bye!" 

Nick brought back his phone to Celeste. "Well, I guess I need to buy some clothes... Can you help me?" Said Nick as he made a Puss in Boots big eye look.

***
The Internet: 
While the MuTeens have spent their first day unpacking, incredibly enough, Chloe and Alicia were getting along rather well. Ashley has been searching the internet for Nick. His phone was found broken on the EPF ship after they came back from the Mexico mission. He had been silent in social media and videogames. This was odd for Nick. Then Ashley stumbled on the surveillance video of Nick kicking ass at a Puerto Rican supermarket. "I found Nick!" Screamed Ashley through every device in the house. Everyone rushed towards the hidden HQ level to deal with the situation.

"Nick's in Puerto Rico!" Screamed Ashley...

"Sun, Beach, bootilicious babes. Those Rican girls are fiiiiiiiiiiiine!" Said Bertram. "Aside from sistas, Ricans are the only girls that could withstand my manaconda!" 

Syrus sighed. "While I am not fond of Latinas, my brother is right about the protuberant posteriors in Puerto Rican females. Alas, dear brother have you forgotten or our current aesthetically unpleasant symbiotic appearance? You would not have any opportunity to copulate in our current state." Said syrus with his whiny voice. 

"Puerutoriko desuka? Sore wa bamyūdatoraianguru no ichibude wanaidesu ka?" Said Natsumi a bit worried. "Don't planes and boats disappear there?" 

"Well, actually-" Syrus was about to explain the phenomenon when Ashley played the videos she found on the internet. Mr. Cade turned off the monitor.

"About that. The Bermuda Triangle contains a private short distance transmat device. The disappeance stories involved people accidentally passing through it as it was active. Originally, it was built illegally, but it was granted legal status by the EPF only if the owner kept it under lock and pass key system. The former owner was my late ex-father-in-law, Nick's Maternal grandfather." Said Mr. Cade.

 "I understand you kids want to go and get Nick ASAP. We first need to contact him to know whether he wants to come back or not." Said Mr Cade with a hint of sadness in his voice." Last time he tried to go to Puerto Rico was shortly after he had to move in with me. We got into a fight and said he'd rather live on the streets than live with me." Said Mr Cade. "I'm pretty sure I know where he is so I'm going to do the sensible thing and give him a phone call. Better yet I'll have Alicia give him a phone call he'd probably be more receptive talking to her than to me." Said Mr Cade.

*¿Vas a seguir jodiendo con el guanajo?*

"¿Óyeme Julio por qué coño No me dijiste que Nicolás está en Puerto Rico?" Said Mr. Cade angrily.

"¿Comemierda, Por qué crees que te estoy llamando, viejo? El hijo tuyo dice que se apareció como por arte de magia en la casa de sus abuelos allá en Pepino* y que ahora tiene superpoderes" replied Julio.*Pepino is the nickname of San Sebastián, the town's full name is San Sebastián de las vegas del pepino. Basically Saint Sebastian of the Cucumber fields.

" By the way he will be giving an interview to one of my stations reporters in roughly 2 days. I'm going to be calling him to give him that information. I hope you still remember your ex-father-in-law's phone number cuz the landline still works. Hablamos en otra ocasión comemierda, hasta luego." Said julio as he ended the call.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck!" Exclaimed Mr. Cade angrily. He tapped a number on his phone. 

***
Del Valle-Rodriguez house:
Nick and Celeste just came back from clothes shopping when the Garfield phone in the living room rang. 

That's weird, Aside my parents and Julio no one calls to the landline. Said Celeste.

"Funeraria Cruz de Jesús, donde le ofrecemos su última morada, buenas tardes."  Said Nick in an attempt to disaude a potential scammer.

"¿Déjate de estupideces Raymond y dime por qué no me avisaste que estabas en Puerto Rico? Now listen to me and follow the instructions to a T" said Mr. Cade as Nick wrote them down. "Will be arriving shortly well technically around 3:00 a.m. so you better have those preparations ready." Said Mr Cade. 

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck!" Exclaimed Nick. "Celi... I'm about to blow your mind. We need to go to the basement. You'll learn a very HUGE secret about my family and you'd have to swear not only on your life, but your Mom, Dad, Uncle Guille, Johnny, and baby Karla's lives. And no, I'm not kidding about this. If this ever got out, the EPF would erase you... and I mean they would erase your existence  down to the last atom."
Said Nick in a deathly serious tone. 

"My grandfather was the one who welcomed your grandfather to Earth. The lot where this house is used to belong to my family, but your grandfather helped save Dad when he was a baby and our family protects his secrets. That's why we insisted on taking care of the house after your Mom died. We couldn't let your grandfather's secrets to be found." Said Celeste while wagging her finger at Nick. "Was that it?"

"Well, one of them... my Dad is an EPF agent, so is his current wife and I'm part of an unofficial EPF initiative of young Mutant Superheroes, the MuTeens." Said Nick sheepishly. 

"Wait, the son of an EPF agent is a quarter Alien/Mutant? That's INCONCEIVABLE!!" said Celeste. "Take the golf cart. It'll make the trip faster."  Said Celeste as she tilted the head of a Shakespeare bust in the Basement. 

"So that's why Abuobed wanted my name to be Adam or Burt. Holy reference, Celeste!" Said Nick as he took the golf cart. "Wanna see my powers in action? I mean in non-violent ways, of course!"  Said Nick as his hair glowed gold and question mark tiles from MARIO KART appeared on the floor. "You'll see the items scrolling in front of you. Just squeeze your right hand to choose and to use it, just squeeze the item hovering next to you." Said Nick."Ready. Set. Let's a-go!" Said Nick as he used the boost start technique from Mario kart. Rising the long hallway was made faster due to the multi-shroom turbo boosts from Nick's VG Logic power. 

"Loco, eso estuvo cabrón" said Celeste. "So that's what's like to have your power? That's so cool!" Nick quickly grabbed a candy bar and ate it. 

"I rarely do multiplayer stuff, because it drains me a lot more than single player stuff." Said Nick.
"The reason I drink copious amounts of milk, is that it boosts my abilities. Candies and sugary stuff bring me back to normal levels faster, but do not enhance my abilities. Fruits and veggies, while healthier don't help me recover faster, but allow me for expanding the range of my abilities to use multiplayer powers. Meats allow me to maintian certain VG Logic abilities without actively using my powers. Like say, I can tuen a golf club into a sword and due to my consumption of meat, it remains a blade while I'm  holdong it WITHOUT having to focus on keeping it in blade form." Said Nick. 

"I CAN materialize weapons out of thin air, but they require me to be focused on it, and that can be tiring. But if I'm holding something that is roughly blade sized or shaped, I don't need to focus too much on it. I also can use food and apply VG logic to it to heal like a videogame character. When I sleep I also use vG logic at a subconscious level. That's why I rarely get sick."  Explained Nick. "I've been mastering my powers for almost a year." Nick stepped to a biometric scanner. He placed his hand on the palm scanner and his eye at the retinal scanner.

"Partial match detected. Adjusting biometric data for body development due to aging. Genetic anomaly detected. Exposure to Utromic waste material causing Genetic Anomaly on subject Nicolás Ramón Barril. Subject recognized. Database updated." Said The machine. "Welcome Nicolás Ramón Barril, grandson of O'bed Frommfeld, or Abueobed as you designated him. Would you like to alter your designation settings?" Said the machine. 

"Yes!" Said Nick. "Change my designation to Nick R. Cade." The machine made some beeping noises.

"Nicolás Ramón Barril, alternate name Nicholas Raymond Cade, now username: Nick Arcade." Said the computer. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Said the computer. "Greetings Assistant Celeste. Thank you for bringing an administrator level user, Nick Arcade to me." Celeste nodded.

"Do you have a designated name or do I call you 'computer'?" Said Nick as he walked around the hangar. 

"Interactive Artificial Interface v.86.75.30-9... or as User Lydia Zenobia Rodriguez, designated Abueydia called me, Jenny." Said Jenny. "This name came from a-"

"Song, Jenny whose number was 867-5309. I know the reference. So, I have guests coming. Most of them are unknown people to you. I'm not sure, but is my father in your database, Jennay." Interrupted Nick. 

"Nicholas Cade, yes. He's in the database." Replied Jenny. "Any information on other visitors?" 

"Various of them were hit by the same waste materials as I did and have different genetic anomalies. One of them became digitized. Two of them became a fused mess of man and machine. The fourth is now a shadow creature. I'm guessong my stepmom and stepsister are coming. They're normal humans as far as I know. My girlfriend, Barbara she's half non-earthling and was hit by the same waste as I was. Maybe her parents? I don't know..."  said Nick. "Apparently, I must issue a transmat key for my father to use to reach this hangar. How do I do that Jennay?"

"I can easily do that, Forrest. Your mother also called me Jennay! As Tom Hanks did in Forrest Gump. I much prefer the book version of Forrest over the movie version." Replied Jenny. "Life's like a box of choclates. Isn't it, Mr. ARCADE?" 

"Jenny 1, Nico 0!" Said Celeste as she laughed at Jenny pwning Nick. 

"Contacting Nicholas Cade with Transmat key." Said Jenny. "Greetings Agent Cade. You now have access to the Hangar. Please input the following sequence at your end. ¥○u♡₩€£p1|\|g@5"

Mr. Cade laughed at the code "You love huelepingas, That's my code, Jenny? Guess that was Carmen's idea. Still busting my nuts from beyond the grave, Carm..." Mr. Cade sighed. "Son, we got you a new phone, since your old one got fucked up. Ashley already set it up for you."

"Agent Cade, remind your digital friend to not be performing online tasks while using the transmat, otherwise it would be a deadly experience." Said Jenny.

"Got it. Stay within the ship." Replied Ashley. 

"Hello there." Said Jenny with a sultry voice. "I'm Jenny, what's your name cutie pie?" Said Jenny in a sexually predatory way. 

"I need an adult." Said Ashley.

"I am an adult." Replied Jenny.

"Jenny, stop hitting on my lesbian best cyberfriend. At least let me get her body back in a way that she can jump from physical to digital so I can fulfill my promise of being her first and maybe only guy before she can digitally clap cheeks with you!" Said Nick. 

"Wait, you still want to keep your promise even when you're surrounded by physical girls who want to smash you until both your pelvises are broken?" Asked Ashley.

"I gave you my word and my word is my bond." Said Nick. "In any case I'll  be seeing you guys later. Jenny cut the comms Jenny... Jenn-"

Celeste looked at Nick angrily. "¿QUÉ CARAJO ES ESO DE QUE TU CIBERLESBIANA ES TU MEJOR AMIGA? ¿Y QUÉ SOY YO? Y TAMBIÉN TE LA VAS A CHINGAR, PERO A MÍ ME IGNORAS PORQUE SOY LA HERMANITA DE JOHNNY? A LA VERDAD QUE TÚ ERES UN CABRÓN." Yelled Celeste.

"Am I using eroge mode?" Thought Nick. "You're my Childhood BFF's little sister. It's kinda hard to shake that image from my head. You've grown to become a beautiful woman and an excellent human being." Said Nick. "With Ashley, she became my best friend throughout school and I had a crush on her that was never reciprocal, because she's 99.9999% lesbian. She even had a crush on Barbara, but she chose me. So Barbara proposed that we lost our virginities in a threesome. I would have a romantic experience with my girlfriend, also get to see some girl on girl action, not to mention allow my lesbian best friend to have a romantic heterosexual experience with the only guy she fully trusts. It's a win-win-win for all three parties. No, it wasn't my idea." Said Nick. "Babs is building herself a harem, but fate cockblocked us all a few weeks before we were going to do it." 

"So let me get this straight. You're a magnet to bi-curious lesbians, like reverse a gay best friend to straight girls? Te pegaste en la loto, powerball y lotería tradicional. "  said Celeste. "How do I join? I knew you had a girlfriend, since you never stop talking about her in your sleep, but now I get your April O'Neil comments. You were hoping to reel her into your harem, you sly dog..." 

Nick couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not the Boss here. I'm just the designated penis. You'd have to convince Babs about it, but you're ⅔ in. You might have to be ready to show her that this isn't simply about lust. This, 'family' isn't simply about lust. There must be true love. And I DO love you Celeste, like a sister..." 

Celeste seemed hurt by those last three words.
Nick put a finger on her lips.

"Alicia,my stepsister, is in on this too. I love her like a sister and eventually I will love her with my penis. So, don't be bummed, Celi. Now you know ALL my secrets." Said Nick as he tenderly kissed her forehead. Celeste turned a deep shade of crimson. 

"Call from Julio Barril, shall I answer?" Said Jenny.

 "Bendición, Tío Julio." Said Nick as Celeste hugged Nick from the side.

"Sobrino, ya le dí tu dirección a Vernon. Le indiqué a mi jefe que estás en un AirB&B para que Vernon no se distrajera. Le indiqué al jefe que sería mejor enviar a la Srta. O'Neil, pero el jefe quiere a Vernon. Lo acompañará una asistente fémina que no es O'Neil pero es algo bonita si te gustan las bibliotecarias o Janet de Alvin y las ardillas." Said Julio in his thick Cuban accent.

"Gracias, Tío Julio, por notificarme sobre la situación. Also, now I'll have the Chipmunks theme playing in my head for a while. Guess I'll deal with Schnoz and Jeannette the day after  tomorrow." Replied Nick.

"Le indiqué al comemierda de tu padre que estabas en Puerto Rico." Said Julio.

"I know, he called. He's coming." Replied Nick.

"Espero que ese 'coming' sea con o y una m." Joked Julio.

"I don't need to have mental images of the old man banging his wife!" Exclaimed Nick while fake retching. "Te dejo, tío que tengo que ir al supermercado..."

"Coño, pero no te pongas a jugar al superhéroe de nuevo. Anda. Dios te bendiga, sobrino." Said Julio before hanging up.

"Well, Celi, we need to buy food for like 15 people... including us. That's not counting the channel 6 crew for the interview. You said, the Poolhouse was empty? We could use that as an alternative site for the interview if Vernon doesn't want to do a poolside interview.

***
Channel 6 building:
April was heading to an empty room, when Vernon passed by her. He nasally laughed at her.

"You missed out on the scoop of the Year or mayne the decade. Not only that, but the channel is paying for the whole trip to a tropical destination. I'll  be drinking pina coladas while you're stuck here, O'Neil. Keep smelling like sewer while you promote your stinky turtles. I have a real success story going on here... even if it means dealing with some eses."  Said Vernon with a snide demeanor before leaving.

"April, I have a major emergency!" Yelled Irma. "I'm being sent to Puerto Rico to ensure Vernon stays focused and I don't know what to wear! Please help me!" Squealed Irma as she dragged April.

Cade's personal airship:
The airship that Mr. Cade was piloting is not an EPF ship, but a wedding present from Obed's. Made from D'hoonibese tech, the ship pilots like a dream. it can support up to 30 morbidly obese people, yet it's about the size of two schoolbuses welded together side by side. Much smaller than the EPF standard ships, but very maneuverable. Even Redd was surprised by it. 

"Hey Nero, why we never got something like this?" Said Redd.

"Because, Unlike Cade who married a scientist's daughter, you married a schoolteacher." Responded Neronica. "This ship is surprisingly amazing, for being the D'hoonibese equivalent of a jalopy." 

"Ashley, ready yourself as we're about to enter the transmat. Everyone else, Hold on to your butts!" Exclaimed Mr. Cade as he approached the transmat space and lowered the ship. He utilized the key and the ship reached the Hangar where Nick and Celeste were waiting.

"Holy asscrackers!" Exclaimed Ashley. "I'm here! I'm real! I'm-" Ashley glitched out and became digital once more. 

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me!" Exclaimed Ashley. 

"What was that!?" Asked Chloe. "Ashley was here for a moment."

"Hello. I am Jenny. What you witness was a slight desynchronization by Ms. Irwin. It appears as she can, theoretically be pulled out of the digital realm through a transmat. I will consult with Dr. Frommfeld's Mentor and possibly find a solution to her situation." Replied Jenny. "Young Stockmen, If you would graciously allow me to analyze your DNA and donate some biological material, we could possibly work on a way to find a way to  alleviate your situation to some extent." 

Syrus's own scientific curiosity got him interested in working with a superior intellect.
"My brother and I would be interested on seeing how can our situation be improved. Isn't that right Bertram?"  Said Syrus. "I guess... I just don't wanna lose my Superpowers. I want to keep bein' a hero." Replied Bertram. Syrus laughed. "I would rather give up my powers and be nirmal once more! My scientifically gifted mind is being wasted on the field!" Syrus and Bertram kept arguing about the possibility of being normal again.

Celeste was in awe as the ship landed and the crew was about to get off the ship. Nick just stood there humming the Jurassic Park theme.

"Fuck you, Nick!" Exclaimed Ashley through the ship's speakers. "You're doing the Welcome to Your Ass is Parked bit with that cute blonde! By the way. I'M Ashley."

"Nice to finally meet THE Ashley. Albeit non physically." Responded Celeste. "Your father I recognize, though he lools odd in military clothes." Said Celeste. "What's the deal with The Baroness over there?" Asked Celeste.

"Great you just made my stepmom sexy in my eyes." Whispered Nick. "Don't be fooled by the loli, she's my stepsister and older than me."

"I'm guessing the pretty ginger is THE Barbara..." Celeste said. "Hey, Barbara! Nick is always talking about you, even when he sleeps!"

"Yes, he does that a lot, Celeste!" Replied Barbara. "The answer is yes, but we'll talk later!" Said Barbara as she flew towards Nick. "Yeah I have powers."

"Natsu-chan, Kore wa seresutedesu, kanojo wa boku no osananajimidesu. I have been practicing and no ecchi." Said Nick sheepishly. "Celeste, this is Natsumi. She's a ninja. But like not a normal Ninja. She's like Naruto..."  *pow!* and Natsumi knocked down Nick with an anime styled overhead punch. "See? She just Sakura punched me... dattebayo!" *pow!* "Yamete kudasai! I used that anime, Becaiuse it simplifies the explanation of your abilities. I know you hate that anome. Believe... no I wasn't going to say Believe it! I was going to say Believe ME! As in I've been hit enough times by you that I'm starting to think I'm Ranma and you're a pretty version of Akane." Said Nick. "Natsumi I apologize if I offended you." Natsumi blushed.

 "Baka Nikku, erogemōdo wa yamero!" Yelled Natsumi as she saw Nick's hair go gold. "Stop confusing me!"

"I swear I did not..." Nick groaned. "Ok, so The nun with the big knockers is Chloe. I scared her straight into the arms of Jesus. The Doctor, I don't know." Chloe flew down. Nick nearly fainted. 

"Long story short, I came in contact with Ooze and I can fly and alter my mass. I'll kick you in my biggest regret if you make a flying nun joke. Also, meet Dr. Joaquina. She's the doctor you kinda saved from el Coyote." Explained Chloe.

"Good to finally see you awake and normal, Nicolás. You seem to have recovered quite well." Said the Doctor.

"Last but not least, my in-laws. The Ginger Paul Bunyan is Redd damon Reid, Barbara's dad, and the best algebra teacher in the galaxy is Mrs. Ruiz, Babs's mom." Said Nick.

"I'm no longer your teacher and I've asked you to call me Neronica. It's a pleasure to meet a friend of Nick. Said Neronica. 

Alicia came and hugged Nick hard. 
"Why didn't you call us, stupid! We were worried about you!" Said Alicia. "I thought I lost you for good!" 

"I was dazed and confused. I needed to clear my head before I could face any of you. I was afraid. I had to come to terms with the truth... I don't know any of your numbers by heart." Said Nick mildly annoyed.

"For a guy who loves referencing Shenmue, you didn't think of writing shit down in a notepad!? You joined an illegal forklift racing circuit, looked for sailors, fought like 20 men, and wasted lots of money on gacha machines but never thought. Writing shit down might be useful!" Complained Alicia. "Seriously, Nick! I just can't even with you..." Alicia groaned.

"Her, I like very much... Hey Alicia, wanna hear some stories of stupid shit Nick did as a kid?" Said Celeste. 

"I would love to partake on the revelry of ridiculous stories regarding Nicholas, but Jennifer has something appealing for Bertram and I." Said Syrus. "Read the room Reed Richards, no one likes you! It's because you're a worse wet blanket than Sheldon Cooper! You need to be less pompous, bro! Be a likable nerd, not Black Sheldon!" Commented Bertram. "So how do we do the DNA analysis... Do I just spit, rub it until some falls in A cup? Do we require magazines or videos?" 

"I 'll just take the tip" Said Jenny "It'll probably hurt you more than it does me."
A drawer opened revealing  a small contraption and a petri dish. SyBert scraped their skin with the device over the petri dish. The drawer closed and a few seconds later reopened with a syringe. Syrus grabbed it and drew blood. Now they waited.

 "The testing would take roughly 16 hours. Any medical information would be helpful" remarked Jenny.

"We are genetically modified copies of a scientist from a parallel universe." Said Syrus. "You already know of our mutation." 

"¿Celi, todavía pasa el don que vendía verduras, pan, leche, y huevos?" Inquired Nick.

"Dude, he died a few weeks before your mom did. Roughly 20 people, make it 25 if they eat like Nick... I'm gonna need back up." Said Celeste as she grabbed her phone. "Bendición, Mami, Vamos a la panadería a comprar las cosas, ya que Nico trajo una brigada como de 20 y hay que hacer bastante desayuno."

---
Del Valle-Rodriguez house: 1 day later:
A rental van parks in front of the house. From the back a young black teen with hair dyed green gets off, followed by a young woman that looks like Jeanette Miller from Alvin and the Chipmunks getting off the passenger's side. Another young woman gets off the back of the van. Her long black hair was impressive. There was something oddly familiar. From the driver's side, Vernon got off he was wearing a woman's wide rim sunvisor hat, glasses, a ginormous glob of sunscreen on his large nose. "Are you sure we're in the right place, Irma?" Said Vernon annoyed at the situation. "I hate this spic-filled shithole." Vernon muttered.

"According to the GPS, this is the address that Julio gave us." Said Irma. "Someone's coming out the house!"

Chloe greeted the Channel 6 crew when she  noticed Bianca. "Bee? Is it you?" Said Chloe.

"Chloe? You're here!?" Replied Bianca before both started squealing "OMG, Chloe! It's so great to see you! I'm so happy you found a better life for yourself!" Said Bianca. 

"Yeah. Nick helped me see the error of my ways."said Chloe. "I'm even friends with Alicia. Did you know she was Nick's sister?"

"Well, shit... that explains a lot. Said Bianca. "So, where can we set up?"

"Follow me to the backyard." Said Chloe as she went back inside. Bianca and the black haired intern grabbed some equippment and followed Chloe. 

She brought the Channel 6 crew to the back where they saw Nick lounging on a pool float. He was wearing a Detroit Tigers hat, glasses, a red Hawaiian shirt and blue swim trunks, lying next to him a redhead in a green one piece swimsuit and on his other side, a blonde girl with pigtails and a read and blue harlequin pattern Bikini. "¡Hola! The Poolhouse has some swimsuits available so you can enjoy yourselves after the interview." Said Nick. "Pardon me, girls, I have to do the interview now." Said Nick as he removed his hat and shirt and swam to the edge. He noticed the blacl haired Intern and winked at her. He mouthed some words before greeting Bianca. "Bianca! It's great to see you! It's been too long! Said Nick as he slithered around her. "I guess you saw Chloe. Licia is around, so please talk to her when you have time." Nick saw Vernon and Irma. "Well I'll be damned..." said Nick. "Mr. Prindle, Miss Laginstein... Finally. My uncle spoke highly of you, miss!" Said Nick in a charming way.
Vernon looked like someone pissed on his cornflakes.

Meanwhile Celeste and Barbara were whispering. "So what do you think? Does Jeanette have the 'fuck me eyes'  for Nick?" Said Celeste.

"Definitely. Bianca on the other hand fears him. Probably because of their past." Replied Barbara. "She was one of the three girls that hurt Alicia. I think Nick figured out the other girl. Oh, Nick, you sly devil... I see why you wanted us in swimsuits..."

"Is he trying to make Vernon uncomfortable by using psychological warfare. That's something he'd do." Said Alicia, who got on the float wearing a one piece light blue swimsuit. "Uncle Julio loved to talk smack about Vernon being a misogynistic and racist prick. Wait until the big surprise..." said Alice with a smirk. "Ashley's gonna be spending the next week flicking the bean to that!"

"So, Prindle, we could do it outside or we could do it in the poolhouse?" Said Nick while smiling. Vernon was visibly annoyed.

"It's Fenwick, as in Vernon Fenwick, the talk show host?" Said Vernon annoyed after being confused with the other Vernon. "Outside seems fine." He said angrily. "Fucking ese." Muttered Vernon

"Let me get a change of clothes and we can begin."  Said Nick. 5 minutes later he returns wearing a yellow jumpsuit and white sneakers. The top of the suit is tied up at his waist exposing a white shirt with the phrase 4th Month is best. Vernon scoffed. 

"Even in the middle of this Saltwater Mexican shithole that stupid bitch has fans. I'll show this spic who's the main character here!" Vernon muttered without realizing Bianca had her camera on. 

"Nick got on his nerves. The April costume really shook him and I don't need to be psychic to see this. El marrano* está moldío.**" whispered Celeste.
*Marrano slang for pig. It's also a slur towards converted Jews in Spain. Celeste is using both connotations. **moldío roughly translates to salty.

"Damn, he's a xenophobic piece of shit!" Whispered Barbara. "I can see why Nick wants to rattle him."  Barabra did a spittake when she saw Chloe come out in a VERY revealing bikini while keeping her nun headdress.

"Told ya..." said Alicia "Behold the Super Cow goddess with Ultra Instinct... sorry Barbara, your cow title has been revoked. All hail Chloe THE Megacow! Whispered Alicia. Following Chloe, came Dr. Joaquina wearing a red One piece suit and a white bathrobe. Redd and Nick Sr. Came wearing black trunks and grey wifebeaters. Aurora came with a black pleather bikini and Neronica came with a green bikini with a leaf pattern. Every one of them went towards Nick and offered some sort of compliment, which annoyed Vernon.

"OK Mr. Fennel, let's do this!" Said Nick as he applied his own makeup. Vernon had Irma apply his. 

"It's Fenwick..." Vernon replied very annoyed. "Think of the awards, the fame, the money, Vernon. Don't let this asshole spic get under your skin."

---
Del Valle-Rodriguez house, poolside makeshift interview area:
Nick had two comfortable chairs ready for the interview. Nick sat on one and Vernon on the other. "The girls already did all the preinterview technical checks and I specifically chose this spot as it's the optimal spot for televised interviews. Showcases the landscape AND it doesn't have the echo from a wide open space. I've done short films, also I have some formal and informal education on Television and film production, Mr. Fenway." Remarked Nick. "We're doing this in one take, Mr. Finnick!" 

"Hello! And welcome to Vernon, I'm your host Vernon FENWICK, and today's guest is the mysterious. Puerto Rican Vigilante who has taken the internet by storm." Said Vernon in his for camera smarmy tone.

"It's a pleasure to be here, on this beatiful countryside, personally I wouldve preferred to be would've interviewed by April O'Neil and not by a third rate male Oprah wannabe." Said Nick while laughing smarmilylike Vernon. "Now that we've broken the ice, my name is Nick R Cade and I'm on vacation here. I'm mainly a New Yorker, upstate-" Neronica and Aurora both come and whisper on Nick's ear. "Sorry my stepmom and mother-in-law just told me that I'll be living in Manhattan soon, due to my abilities. So, Manhattan, get ready for the GameDude to be watching your neighborhoods and protecting people like Miss Laginstein here, said Nick as he brought Irma to the chair. Please sit, Miss." Said Nick. "She's an example of a non-mutant or superpowered New Yorker. What do you do when the Shredder and his superpowered mutants show up?" Asked Nick.

"I, well, am scared and try to run away." Said Irma. 

"Right, that's a very normal and valid reaction." Replied Nick. "Unfortunately, New York's finest aren't well equipped to face this kind of threat. The Turtles, who have been doing a great job defending New York from these threats, sometimes aren't enough to stop a lot of the crime committed by mutants, Aliens, and other beings too strong. Well, I'm pitching in to help. Giving back to the community. Excuse me, Irma." Said Nick as he picked Irma up and Riker maneuvered his way to the chair and sat Irma on his lap. She blushed hard and swooned.
"Now what else you wanna know?"

"Well, you claim to be a superhero, so what's your origin story?" Asked Vernon condescendingly. "Give me something juicy to destroy you!" Thought Vernon.

"Alright, let me start with a Joke: Vernon." Said Nick.

"The joke? What is it?" Asked Vernon. Nick Chuckled. 

"Who am I? Are you talking to me, or the me behind the mask? It doesn't matter. I was born, my parents divorced and I was raised with my Mom and her parents until she died." Said Nick. "Forced to live with my estranged father and his family turned me into a young troublemaker. Kinda like a Loki cultist. Despite my chaotic and problematic behavior, I have a strong sense of justice and have scared people straight... long before my powers." Said Nick. "I made friends, I began to not feel like a proud wolf alone in the dark with eyes that watch the world. Anger and sorrow were replaced by Joy  and Love. My friends saved me from my own despair and darkness. Then came last year's botched terrorist attack by The Foot Clan..." explained Nick.

"You mean the Mutagen Bomb that killed around 20 people at an arcade." Said Vernon. "Do you consider yourself fortunate?"

"Not at all." Said Nick. "Innocent people died. Parents, children, families, their lives were lost, but I still live. That's not fair. I'm a slacker, academically speaking. I coasted through high school and life. Other people deserved life more than I do. Sure, I gained powers. That's cool and all, but for the sake of those who died, I am honorbound to be righteous in their name." Said Nick as he petted Irma's head like a cat. She was quite content sleeping on Nick's lap.Vernon reread his notes.

"So are you some sort of avenger?" Said Vernon

"Not exactly, because an avenger would mean that I'd kill the Shredder and call it done. In my one life, I have to make up for the 20+ that were lost... I have to make up for those whose mutations left them in a form that they receive more prejudice than I do. I have to make it up for the people I've failed. I lost my way in the past, but now my path is clear. I AM a protector and I will do my best to protect my fellow folks from evil." Said Nick as the sleeping Irma cuddled on his chest like a cat. 

"Now for a word from our sponsors." Said Vernon "Can someone wake Irma up? I can't believe how she's throwing herself at him!? She's such a whore!" Exclaimed Vernon highly annoyed.

"Wake up, Irma." Said Nick.

"I don't want too... five more minutes! It's comfy here!" Replied Irma while squirming.

"Irma." Whispered Nick. "If you wake up now and change into a swimsuit, I'll put on a Speedo and you can sit on my lap and I can caress you in ways not suited for the network's audience." Whispered Nick as his hair had a faint glow.

"Nick's using Eroge Mode..." Whispered Alicia.

"He must have mastered using it because I can't see his hair glowing." Said Celeste.

Chloe jumped into the pool shortly before having an orgasm. "That was Nick, right? What's he doing?" 

Barbara giggled. "Nick you asshole!" She said telepathically. Neronica had to grab unto Redd because her legs weakened from the massive orgasm Nick gave her. Even Aurora and Dr. Joaquina weren't safe from Nick's power. The black haired intern bit her lower lip as she felt her own orgasm. Bianca was panting and had a face that looked like the ahegao face meme. "Just remember that you can't have sex until you deflower me." Said Barbara telepathically. 

Irma stood up and wobbled to the poolhouse. Vernon was oblivious to what was going on. 
"Can we and by we I mean you, stop lollygagging and let's finish this interview." Said Vernon.
"Are we ready? Ok 5,4,3... and we're back. Special thanks to our sponsors and our viewers. Now, GameDude." Remarked Vernon Sarcastically. " Can you demonstrate some of your abilities?" 

Nick stood up and pointed towards an empty spot on the backyard. "Hey, you! Keep the camera pointing over there." Said Nick. "Now, Bianca, you're going to stand where the other camera is pointing. Keep Vernon within the shot. Now camera 1, do you have Bianca in view?" The camera girl nodded. "Bianca, are Vernon and I in view? Bianca gave a thumbs up. "Those of you who are gamers, know of Street Fighter II and Dhalsim, a character in the game is a master of Yoga and can do things like stretch his limbs like this! Punching the air next to Bianca, Nick stretched his arms like Dhalsim. "But I can also do this!" Nick sat in lotus position and floated before doing a yoga Teleport. Appearing next to Bianca, Nick grabbed the camera before it hit the floor. "Sorry about that, Bee! Depending on the game, I think of, my abilities change. A mushroom dropped on Nick and he became a 11ft. man "It's a me, Nico! I'm Super now!" 

"Ooh! That's Mario!" Said Bianca before tapping on Nick's leg. Nick shrank back to normal. "And as Mario, getting hit by an enemy, brought me back to normal." Explained Nick. "I can channel Cooking Mama and prepare a fantastic Meal. I can channel Phoenix Wright and theoretically be able to defend myself in the court room. I can channel Sonic the Hedgehog and be fast." If it's from a videogame, I can do it and better.  Anything else?"  Asked Nick before using Sonic's speed to sit back on the chair.

"I believe that is all. Thank you for being here Mr. Cade. Said Vernon 

 Vernon began to say his final words to close the show. "Stay true, be great and-"

"Are you aware that you've been wearing a woman's hat all this time?" Nick pointed out. Vernon was furious and took off the hat in rage. "Stay true, be great and maybe one day you can be like Vernon, amateur crossdresser." Said Nick while making a perfect Vernon impression.

"YOU... YOU FUCKING BRAT! NOT ONLY YOU RUINED THE INTERVIEW BUT YOU MADE A MOCKERY OF ME AND MY SHOW!" Yelled Vernon. " I will bury you. I'll make New York HATE YOU, YOU FUCKING SPIC!" He sputtered. 

"Technically speaking, I did gave you an interview there's roughly 45 minutes of usable footage, even if it's humiliating to you as a host. You got a paid trip to Puerto Rico, you got footage of the interview. You got to see a bunch of nubile teens and coworkers Collectively orgasm right in front of you. Your nastiness was what made me see you as the Carrot Top of interviewers. Your usefulness just ran out. Make like a banana and split." Commanded Nick. "Now, Miss O'Neil, you'll have your interview AFTER you, Irma, and Bianca enjoy yourselves in the pool." Said Nick.

"How did you know it was me?"  Asked April as she removed her wig. 

"I'd always recognize my first crush. You probably don't recognize me since I'm now big, strong and not your boyfriend." Said Nick.

***
Channel 6 Building 12 years ago: 
Channel 6 was the only local network that accepted April's internship submission in order to get thel ast credits required for her Journalism degree. Her roommate, irma suggested channel 6, since she had "connections". April was surprised that she was chosen over older students with more experience than her. She started as a gofer. She slowly climbed her way and became assistant to channel 6's weatherman, Julio Agosto Barril. That allowed April to learn about the way of the Journalist. "Us months we got to stick together!" He often said. He always got her opportunities to work with other reporters.  
"Be wary of that Fenwick guy. He's an asskisser and a backstabber. I know his type. He'd be more suited as a government employee,a bureaucrat. He's OK, but you have a natural intuition for this and you study hard." Today was not a normal day, since Julio was horribly distraught. He was waiting outside his office and looked like shit. Pale as a sheet. He looked like he had aged ten years.  "My sister-in-law is in a coma." He whispered. "My brother is out of the country and I'm the only one left to watch my sobrino... but I can't leave him alone." Muttered Julio.

"What's wrong Julio?" Asked April. 

"My sister-in-law is in a coma and my nephew has no one other than me to watch over him, but I have to work." Said Julio.

"How old is he?" Asked April as she readjusted her retainer using her tongue.

"Nicolás, he's seven or eight. He's very quiet. Always sticking his nose on those videogame things." Responded Julio. "While he probably wouldn't notice I was gone, it's not the responsible thing."

" I could watch him." Said April. "No sweat! I've done some babysitting before." She smiled as julio sighed with relief. He opened the door to his office and on his desk there was a little boy playing Gameboy. He was completely unaware of his surroundings.

"Nick, this is April. Ella te va a cuidar en lo que me preparo para el informe meteorológico. Pórtate bien con ella." Said Julio.

"OK, Tío." Said Nick.

"Hi, Nick! I'm April!" Said April in a cheerful tone. Nick looked up and saw a slender girl with auburn hair tied in a ponytail  with beautiful hazel eyes. She was wearing a yellow T-shirt oth a red Channel 6 logo, blue jeans and black Chuck Taylors. 

"Wow, you're very pretty. Maybe even prettier than my Mom!" Said Nick who started to cry after he mentioned his Mom. "I want my Mommy! Tío Julio says she's going to be alright. She's not going to wake up. I know it. She has been sick for some time. Why does everyone lie to me?" Said Nick sobbing.

"I see. Nick, they aren't lying to you when they say she's going to be OK. They're putting their hopes into their words, because they fear saying negative things will bring negativity. They want her to be OK." Said April. " I don't know her and I want her to be OK, because you don't deserve to be sad. You deserve to be happy with your Mom. Do you have a picture picture picture of her?" 

Nick began rummaging in his backpack. He pulled out a small photo album. The first picture is of a pregnant Carmen and Nick Sr., whose face was scratched off and the word "traidor" was obviously written by a child. April saw the vague resemblance betwen her and Carmen. He next page was Carmen holding Nick with Nick Sr. next to her. His face had scrawlings that made him look like a chicke. "Cobarde" was written over him. 

Next Pic is of Nick celebrating his his 4th birthday. He was dressed as He-Man and Nick Sr. Was holding a cutout of Castle Grayskull for the photo.  Again, crude child doodles over the pic meant to mkde him look like Skeletor. The following pic was of Carmen in a hospital bed with Nick beside her. His arm is in a cast.
The caption under said: "I am the man of the house. I MUST PROTECT MOM." April looked at Carmen again. She was looking more gaunt than the previous pictures. The last pic was recent. Carmen had her head shaved and looked emaciated. Signs of heavy chemotherapy. Her green eyes looked dull and lifeless. She was forcing herself to smile. April could see her pained expression behind the smile. She felt tears welling up in her eyes and hugged Nick hard. "You're wrong. Your Mom is gorgeous, she's strong and has a beautiful heart. I wish I can grow up to be half as pretty and strong as her." Said April. 

"Your boobies smell nice!" Said Nick muffled by April's chest. She immediately let go.

"Sorry about the hug, but you needed one. Just don't go around saying that you smelled my boobs, OK." Said April.

"April....When I was hugging you my pee pee acted weird, look!" Said Nick as he showed how his pants were being stretched by his erection. 

"Oh God, no..." thought April. "What was the game you were playing on your Gameboy?" Asked April. To make him lose focus on the erection.

The next few weeks, April volunteered to watch Nick at Julio's penthouse. She used some of the downtime to keep up on her journalism studies.
---
Julio's penthouse: Living room:

"So you're studying to become a reporter?" Asked Nick. "Why do you want to be a reporter?" 

"Yup!" Replied April. "I just want people to know the truth. As you said so many adults lie, so someone has to tell the truth. It's a bit hard but, I'm going to push through. What about you, Nick, what do you want to do when you grow up?" Asked April.

"A superhero! Because they are strong and they beat the bad guys and I need to be big and strongso I can beat up Cancer and make him leave my Mom alone!" Said Nick with confidence. April's eyes began to water. She then hugged Nick. 

"But what if you can't become. Superhero? Is there something else you want to be?" Asked April.

"Your boyfriend... because you're smart, you have a great heart, you're cool, you're very good And you're beautiful inside and outside. You make me want to become better. Smarter, stronger, faster... and a better person." Said Nick glowing. His response took April by surprise. 

"Oh, Nick... that's so beautiful, but I'm oo old for you." Said April.

"I'll grow up and be big and strong and..."

"I'll be growing older as you grow up." April interrupted. "You will never catch up to me. Bu the time you become a college freshman, I'll  be in my thirties. Before you know it I'll be old, grey and discarded. You're better off finding a girl your age that makes you feel what I do and grow old together." 
 
Those words Hit Nick like cold daggers piercing his heart. He took a deep breath. "Here's the deal; if you become a reporter and I become a Superhero you have to give me a chance to be your boyfriend." Said Nick with childish confidemce.

April knew that there was no chance in hell that the terms stipulated by Nick would happen. So, in order to bring a bit of happiness to a child surrounded by pain and misery, a little white lie wouldn't hurt. "OK, become a Superhero and I'll give you a chance to be my boyfriend."  Said April. 

Julio entered the penthouse looking grim. April hugged Nick and whispered. "You may want to cling to your dream and fight for it. Most Superheroes have to overcome tragedy. They must fight the darkness both inside and out. Be strong, be brave, be righteous." April gave Nick a peck on his mouth before leaving. As she reached the elevator, she heard the soulcushing scream of a child becoming an orphan.

***
Del Valle-Rodriguez house:
"Wait, you're Julio's nephew!? Nick!? As in the one I babysat for a few weeks way back then? Said April.

"As in the one who smelled your boobs... Ok now after saying it out loud, I get why you didn't want me to repeat it. But they did smell nice!" Said Nick. "I can't believe that idiot never realized you were the other intern. I did recognize you by the moment you entered."

"Hi! I'm Barbara, Nick's girlfriend." Said Barbara putting an emphasis on the word girlfriend. Both Nick and April interpreted it as a threat. 

"Babs, there's no need to be jealous of my childhood crush and technically speaking my first kiss and to whom I promised that I would become a shperhero to be her boyfri- I can see why you are a Bit jealous." Said Nick before fully inserting his foot in his mouth. "Besides, even back then I knew she just accepted for the sake of cheering me up, since my Mom was at death's door."

"Shame that you have a girlfriend, otherwise I'd be happy to be yours. You really grew up to become a Prince Charming" Said April.

"Nick, she actually meant it." Said Barbara. Yes, I can read minds, no I don't have mind control, and while we're at it, your recent orgasm was caused by Nick." Said Barbara. 

"This is why I wanted to give YOU the exclusive and not to Fenwick. I'm not the only Superhero in town. Said Nick. "But intervew later now it's for some poolside fun. Babs, show April the swimsuits." Nick was heading back to the pool when he was blocked by Alicia and Irma. They were carrying a green Speedo. 

"Get in this now and let me sit on your lap." They said in unison. 

"You two want me to change clothes here in public? Said Nick as both Alicia and Irma nodded. "Open Menu, equipment change!" Yelled Nick as his trunks were immediately replaced by the Speedo. 

"No fair!" Yelled Alicia as Irma jumped into Nick's lap. Nick kissed Licia's forehead. "I'll give you a special treat later ma belle pêche."
Nick kept carrying Irma around until he sat on the chair from the interview. "So much poon, but I'm getting blue balled by myself!"


Popular Posts