Rise of the MuTeens Chapter 10:
Rise of the MuTeens: Chapter 10:
Time Bomb:
JWB Academy: Hallway:
Redd, Nick, and Barbara got to the School. The guard escorted them to the Principal's office. Along the way, the guard tried to make small talk.
"Whoa... who would've thought that the MuTeens would've been former students." Said the Guard.
"Really, Agent Rigby?" Said Barbara telepathically "An academy built to train the children of EPF agents and possibly groom them into becoming Ahents themselves is believable, but having some of the students become a superhero squadron AFTER being exposed to Retromutagen Ooze is somehow unbelievable. We have Literal Aliens within the student body."
"Yeah... but we live in a world where mutant turtles are fighting an alien brain and a Ninja with a Cheese grater fetish. Superhero teams don't seem that farfetched." Said Nick. "Yeesh... the principal's office... I already graduated and it still gives me the heebie jeebies"
---
*knock knock*
"Come on in!" Said Principal Summers.
"Wait that's Vice Principal Sunmers." Said Nick.
"No longer vice, Mr. Cade... a name I thought I'd never have to mention again..." said Summers. "Agent Reid, Miss Ruiz-Reid, and Mr. Cade, what is the reason for your visit?"
"My wife. We believe she might be in danger, due to these two." Said Redd while pointing at Babs and Nick. "Where is she?"
"I'm afraid to tell you that I don't know. She didn't report to class after lunchbreak!" Said Summers. We had to call in a sub."
"Teacher's Lounge!" Said Barbara. "I sense she WAS in the Teacher's Lounge."
"This is the part where you come in, Summers. Take us to the teacher's lounge." Said Redd.
***
Helicopter:
Neronica was cuffed to a handrail next to the seats of the Helicopter. Mitsurugi, Coyote and another mutant cyborg were guarding her.
"You have questions that won't be answered, Verdosian." Said Mitsurugi. "We're well aware of your people's thirst for conquest, but WHY the Inperial Verdosian Army hasn't shown up on Earth? That is a huge question I have... but, you won't answer it. "
"Let me have 5 minutes with her... I'll make her spill the beans or whatever she had for lunch." Said the Cybernetic Peacock, Eye-See... imagone a tall lanky fashion Model body but with Robotic Peacock legs wearing a cybernetic mask with glowing eyes. His seven feather swords emit the same glow as his eyes.
"Ay ya wey... No one is buying that creepy assassin ad when you look like a Calvin Klein model." Said Coyote... "now, MY LIL' FREN' WILL MAKE HER SING LIKE A CANARY!"
"We are not to harm her... yet. She is Live Bait." Said Mitsurugi. "You can bicker about it later AFTER the Boss is finished with her." Mitsurugi turned towards Neronica. "I would suggest you to be cooperative when the Boss speaks to you. Though I am curious on why a Verdosian would spend decades on a small backwater planet such as Earth and not conquer it. "
"Has it occurred to you that this Planet has been under Verdosian Control for over Millions of years?" Said Neronica. "The equivalent to what you humans call a Zoo, an Animal Reserve... or the Planet of Dr. Moreau." Neronica spoke with cold disdain. "This world is nothing more than a glorified Science Fair Experiment for Verdosia. Poor little ants pretending to play god." Neronica explained."As we've been talking I've subtly commandeered this Helicopter and we're turning back. I wouldn't try to use your weaponry as..." Coyote's cybernetic arm disassembled. "That would happen... not to mention you have all a dangerous blood clot heading to your brains. I'd recommend you to put on your floatation devices. Ta-ta, freaks!" Said Neronica as she busted out of the Handcuffs and flew off the Helicopter before disassembling it.
"Kuso!" Yelled Mitsurugi as they all fell to the water losing their Cybernetic limbs.
***
JWB Academy: Teacher's Lounge:
Barbara, Redd, and Nick enter the teacher's lounge and find Neronica's cellphone on the floor. Redd noticed the message embossed on the desk. "Rematch and some Chinese squigglies." Said Redd.
"Daddy, it says Mitsurugi..." said Barbara. "Does that name ring a bell?"
Nick is having flashbacks of the time he fought Mitsurugi for Natsumi's freedom. *MuTeens Gaiden Alpha: End of Summer. "Oh no! Mitsurugi's a Foot Elite that I defeated at the end of Summer." Said Nick. "To say that he has a beef with me is an understatement. But, I thought Karai banished him from the Foot after I crippled him."
"The Foot!?" Exclaimed Redd "I hope you have the Turtles on speed dial, boy..."
Nick sighed. "The Foot is currently undergoing a schism.. Its Grandmaster, Shredder, for all intents and purposes has abandoned the Clan, by allying himself with Krang. The Japanese branch of the Foot has cut-off America and appointed Oroku Karai as the new Grandmaster. She is to assassinate her father in order to restore the Foot. Both in Japan and America, there are Shredder Loyalists fighting to Restore Shredder to power. There could be a third group who are trying to seize power away from the Oroku lineage. So, calling the Turtles won't necessarily yield a solution." Said Nick. "Now let me do my thing, please." Using Detective mode, Nick finds, slight traces of radiation. "I see... wait... there's traces of explosives here."said Nick. Following the trail, he finds a fire extinguisher. The extinguisher itself was a bomb. "Oh no, we have a Big Shell Fatman situation." Whispered Nick before returning to Babs and Redd.
Babs noticed Nick was a bit pale.
"Redd, we have a situation." Whispered Nick "It appears that Mitsurugi set up bombs throughout the Academy. We need to evacuate, locate, and disarm these bombs. I found one, but I'm NOT an explosives expert."
Redd explains to Summers, who pulls out his phone. Barbara speaks to Nick telepathically:
"We should call SyBert, Their abilities could disassemble the bombs safely."
"You're the Boss... I mean I was thinking of using the Academy's Liquid Nitrogen to freeze the bombs... while waiting for the Bomb squad." Said Nick. "Principal Summers, evacuate the school and gimme access to the Chemistry Department's Liquid Nitrogen tanks." Said Nick as Barbara was calling Syrus. "I'm going to flash freeze the explosives, rendering the bombs inert, while we can get someone to disarm/disable them. Basically buy us some time." Nick began thinking out loud... "I can't run around the entire Academy looking for explosives in Detective mode..."
"The Academy has hidden EPF personnel equipment stashes. They must have ETDs" said Redd. "Teacher's lounge might be the first place to look!"
"Right! A lot of staff ARE EPF Agents it makes sense!" Said Barbara. "SyBert will be here in 40 minutes. How long until the EPF Bomb Squad gets here, Principal Summers?"
Summers looked flustered "They can't get her earlier than 4 hours. Vegans, as in they come from Vega, Have placed bombs in various US Landmarks and the entire US EPF Bomb Squad is active in disabling said bombs. So, the Argentine division is headed here. Takes 4 hours for them with hypersonic flight. I'll begin the evacuation procedure." Summers tossed Nick a set of keys. "I honestly can't believe I live in a world where I give Nicholas Raymond Cade full access to the Chemistry Department's storage. Don't make me regret this."
Nick Grinned like the Grinch. "I never thought that day would ever come, but Honor over Power. I'll save the Academy. It's my duty. So, Rose, are we going to MGS2 this?" Said Nick as his hair turned gold. "Just don't ask me what day is tomorrow!" Said Nick while making a bad Raiden impression.
"I'll check the girl's bathrooms, Jack!" said Barbara. Nick groaned. "Dad, follow us!"
---
JWB Academy Chemistry Department's storage: Once Nick unlocked the doors to the Chemistry Department's storage room, he looked like the fat kid at Willy Wonka's... "One selfie for Syrus, who, to be honest would've been the better choice to be here instead of me, but no time to waste." Said Nick.
"Over here!" Said Barbara as she located the Liquid Nitrogen tanks. They had wheels which made it easier to transport the 230 liter tanks. They had hose attachments in order to pour the liquid Nitrogen. Redd found various pairs of gloves to operate the Liquid Nitrogen.
"Safety first, Baby Girl!" Exclaimed Redd befor handing over the gloves. Nick found spray nozzle attachments compatible with the Nitrogen hoses.
"Theoretically speaking, this should allow us to spray the Liquid Nitrogen in a more controlled fashion than hosing down the whole thing. Since we 3 are stronger than normal folks, carrying these big tanks should be easy." Said Nick. "Use the handles to move the tanks. Don'tknow how cool the tanks get when used. But if the compressed air bottles get cool when used, I must assume that propelled Nitrogen could have a similar effect."
"Alright, we have the ETDs and the Liquid Nitrogen. Let's do this!" Said Barbara as the three split to cover more school ground.
---
JWB Academy girl's bathroom level 1:
Barbara detected traces of explosives coming from the extractor vent. She floated up to the vent cover and fired a few shots of Liquid Nitrogen. "Better than Raiden... One down no idea how many left."
---
JWB Academy Hallway:
Nick returned to the Fire extinguisher bomb. He shot the refrigerant to the bomb while yelling: "RULES OF NATURE!! AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE ALIVE!!-"
'Wrong game, babe..." said Barbara via communicator .
"I know, but it's a bitchin' song and it's Raiden themed. Or would you like me to quote the parrot: 'Venus in Cancer'!" Replied Nick in a bad Raiden impression.
"Got one." Said Barbara. "Guess you got one too! I'm thinking Cafeteria and Gym might be likely places. I'll search from here to the cafeteria as it's the closest to me."
"My Snake is getting Solid, after this mission, I'll need you to purge out the LIQUIIIIIIIIIIID!!!" Replied Nick.
"Did you just ask me to blow you WHILE making a Metal Gear Reference? Most girls would react with Sahara, but I'm NOT like most girls, having superpowers... but that line was so weak that not even your incubus powers can... found another one. Find more bombs than me and if you do, you win backdoor access." Replied Barbara.
"Well then... I guess that I got to win..." said Nick as he channeled Sonic the Hedgehog.
---
JWB Academy Classroom 2-L:
Redd found a bomb disguised as a bookshelf.
"This is a bit suspicious. How could an impromptu kidnapping allow for one guy to plant multiple bombs and them being so well hidden..." thought Redd as he froze a bomb. A flash of red and green passed by the door.
"Hi Daddy, bye Daddy!" Yelled Barbara as she sped off. "Nick I got 5 bombs, how about you?"
Said Barbara via communicator.
"I got 4 and I'm going Super Sonic..." said Nick.
"I know. I went Super Sonic too!" Exclaimed Barbara. "I have a hypotheses on why I can 'borrow' your powers."
"I'm afraid of it being P-word..." said Nick.
"Crap, I didn't think that one. I HOPE it isn't..." replied Barbara.
"Anyway, heading to the cafeteria... need to fuel up!" Said Nick.
"Chili dogs with cheese? I'm craving those..." said Barbara... "Because of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, NOT PREGNANCY!!"
"Hwat in the Hell!? My little girl can't be pregnant, Cade!!" Yelled Redd. "I'm going to make sure you take responsibility, Cade...
"Of course. Honor over Power. If she's pregnant, I'm taking full responsibility... besides the baby will have a ton of 'aunties' helping to raise it. Like they say it takes a village and all that..." replied Nick as Red kept growling and fuming.
---
JWBA Cafeteria:
Nick and Babs reach the Cafeteria and their hair return to normal. They raid the serving area and make themselves some Chili dogs.
"So, what are your hypotheses?" Said Nick.
"You know how I can make energy constructs. That's oy a Verdosian ability. That is closer to a Photonixian. Mom is pure Verdosian and Daddy is human. The only living person with Photonixian DNA on Earth is you Nick." Said Barbara. "Even your VG Logic powers aren't entirely Photonixian. I believe that when the Ooze bomb exploded a little bit of your DNA merged with mine and vice-versa." Explained Barbara. Remember what we were doing at Rojo's before the explosion."
Nick closed his eyes and tilted his head back as his mind trveled a little bit back in time to nearly a year and a half ago.
***
Rojo's Arcade: Bathroom: Day 0:
Nick had excused himself and went to the bathroom to take a leak. "Man, I can't believe I downed so many sodas. I can't believe Babs would surprise me by wearing an outfit similar to Aeris. Quite a Birthday Present." thought Nick out loud. Unbeknownst to Nick, Babs snuck into the bathroom and locked the door.
"Flowers for 1 gil." Said Barbara. "Here's the Gil, let me take that flower you're holding." She unbuttoned her dress a bit in order to kneel in front of Nick and she began playing with his head. Nick grabbed to the divider separating the urinals from the toilet stalls.
"Babs, This isn't the right place for this!" Whispered Nick. Barbara disagreed and gave Nick a happy birthday surprise gift before leaving the bathroom with a mouthful of Nick. While Nick was only able to lick his fingers good.
---
Rojo's Arcade: outside:
The Turtles had disabled the Toitle Tenderizer, which ended up parked outside the Arcade. Bebop and Rocksteady run into the Arcade while carrying the Bomb.
"Get back here you fools!" Yelled Shredder. Raphael sees an openkng and tosses a Sai through the glass and knocks the bomb out of Bebop's hand. The Bomb hits the ground and rolls a bit befire landing next to Syrus
*click* *BOOM!*
As the Bomb explodes launching shrapnel and Ooze it hits Syrus, who tried covering it with his body. It hits Bertram who tried to protect his brother. The explosion hits Aki and Shinjiro who were trying to shield Natsumi other customers were hit by the explosion's shockwave and the Ooze. Ashely was hit by the shoclwave and her body slammed into an arcade machine with pnline connection.the Shockwave hit Nick and Barbara sending them flying towards an arcade machine. Momentum meant that Barbara would hit her back gainst the arcade machine. Nick somehow managed to rotate in the opposite direction which cause him to hit the Machineand take the brunt of the damage protecting Barbara. "Barb...ra" muttered Nick as he lost consciousness both his hair and Barbara's glowing red.
---
Present day:
"Wait you think that since we had each other's sexual fuilds in us, a bit of the other was passed on?" Said Nick.
"That's one theory." Said Babs while eating a chili dog. "The other involves what your great grandma said about many of her pffsprings having recessive powers and the ooze might have triggered them. She called me Nephilim and we know Daddy is Huge... maybe like the mythical Nephilim, I am also a distant cousin of yours?"
Barbara took another bite.
"That explains your powers, but not mine." Said Nick. "Maybe the drugs used to enhance the old man might have something to do with it... Natsumi, Ashley and I survived and ended with powers. You had a lot more of my cum than I had yours, so, you got a stronger, purer version of my natural abilities. I got wealer version of yours, since you didn't let me eat you out that day." Huffed Nick.
"I was too hairy." Said Barbara. "I know guys like it trimmed or shaved."
"But Meemaw's theory might make sense too! You may have a bit of succubus in you. It explains your obsession of sharing my Demon dick with everyone" said Nick. "I smell explosives..." said Nick as he grabbed one last bite before looking inside the oven with a do not use broken sign. Another bomb was hiding inside the oven. Nick froze it. "It's a tie... your butthole is safe. Dammit!"
Summers enters the Cafeteria. He looked odd, like something wasn't right. Like something was off.
"Mary Sue, GameDude! What are you doing here? Eating!? Don't you know there's an evacuation going on?" Said Summers.
"Cut the crap you faker!" Said Nick.
"He's got psionic shielding. Must be one of them." Said Barbara telepathically.
"Calling us by our codenames, when he has specifically called us by our names." Thought Nick.
"What do you mean, GameDude!? I'm the principal of this prestigious Academy. I-" stammered Summers
"Really, so let me get this straight. You come here to kidnap my Mom, to use her as bait to draw us out and never thought if Mary Sue's Mom is a teacher here, her daughter might've been a student here as well?" Barbara interrupted
"Yeah. If you had done your homework,, you'd have known that WE were students here and there's a whole NEW section of rules in the staff handbook named after ME!" Replied Nick. "Also, I know you're the 11th bomb.Mary Sue's ETD has been beeping sonce you approached us. Jig is up,Sting Chameleon might as well reveal yourself."
The Fake Summers turned into a cybernetic Chameleon.
"How did you know I was a Chameleon!?" Said the Cybernetic Chameleon.
"Karma" replied Barbara. The Chameleon groaned.
"I walked right into that one... guess you can call me Karmeleon! It's a cool name. Right? It mixes my name Carmilla with Chameleon and the K is from Karma which I just swiped from you and Culture Club." Boasted Karmeleon. Meanwhile Nick just tirned around and shot Karmeleon with the refrigerant.
"What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!" Yelled Nick while doing a bad Schwarzenegger impression. Babs went back to eating hotdogs as nick kept taunting Karmeleon with Schwarzenegger noises. Karmeleon dropped the frozen bomb but Nick threw a knife and cut Karmeleon. Shrieking Karmeleon turned invisible. Droplets appeared once they left Karmeleon. "She's bleeding" said Nick. "If she bleeds we can fuck her..."
"Niiiiiiick! This isn't time to think with your penis!" Chided Barbara. "Besides, the line is: 'If it bleeds we can kill it!'"
"Oh but I intend to kill her by impaling her with my dick!" Replied Nick. "Besides, she's a SHAPESHIFTER... THINK, BABS! We can have the ultimate sex romp with her... You can satisfy your Bob Saget Fetish, I could nail Carrie Fisher, Think Babs, think! Mmmm! Twilight Sparkle... I don't mean Tara Strong. I mean Twilight Sparkle as in the purple pony." Said Nick as he materialized a spear that impaled Karmeleon as she tried to attack him from behind.
"How did you catch me, you disgusting brony." Spat Karmeleon.
"Speak up... where are you taking my Mom!?" Shouted Barbara. "Answer me!"
Karmeleon laughed "Little girl, you must be almost as stupid as your ponyfucking boyfriend if you think I'll talk." Karmeleon coughed a little blood.
"You retarded color changing lizard fell for an old cartoon trick. We knew where you were ALL the time. You thought you were the predator, but in fact you were the altar boy!!" Exclaimed Nick as he twisted the spear.
"Yearrrrrgh!" Squirmed Karmeleon. "You can't kill me Doctor Stock-" an explosive round embedded in Karmeleon's head was activated and sprayed Karmeleon's head all over Nick and Barbara.
"I was joking about fucking her brains out. Ew! It's in my eye!" Whined Nick.
" Now you know how I feel." Replied Barbara. "Well, that takes care of that bitch. Dammit!"
Nick lets go of the spear and it turns into a fork. "I know we're awesome, but I feel like it was a bit too easy..."
As the MuTeens turn back, Karmeleon stands up and her head reapears. A few chunks os flesh from her arms were missing.
"Not so fast, the bitch IS BAC-" Barbara's energy constructs interrupt Karmeleon's comeback.
"Again, dumb bitch. We KNEW what you were planning. You still fell for the same trick... Talk!" Said Barbara as she enclosed Karmeleon in her constructs.
Karmeleon laughed at Babs. "You wouldn't dare..." she tensed as she felt the constructs perr hard into the skin. The constructs on the metal parts were tearing through the Metal.
"Try me, bitch!" Growled Barbara.
"Carmilla! The bitch ditched us near Ellis Island, she disassembled the Helicopter with her TK... we're floating near the Statue of Liberty. Pick us up ASAP!" Chimed Mitsurugi via communicator.
Nick punched a button on Karmeleon's communicator. "Karmeleon is a little bit busy at the moment. Shame that you chose this path Tetsuo. Now you will die dishonorably. I was so looking forward to that rematch." Replied Nick. Jigoku ni kusare, Mitsurugi." Turning a chair into an oversized sword,Nick signalled Barbara to let Karmeleon go. He then slashed Karmeleon into tiny pieces and burned them to a crisp with a Yoga Inferno. "I will carry the burden of killing Karmeleon. For I am already a demon and I'm not making a Metal Gear Reference."
Barbara began crying. Nick hugged her hoping she would push him away as she clung harder to him. He caressed her hair as she kept crying on his shoulder. "Babs, it's OK. Neronica escaped the bad guys. We prevented a massacre, you haven't crossed the line. You are safe..." said Nick in a soothing voice.
"But I made you kill her." Said barbara while sobbing. "My hands are as dirty as yours."
"Barbara Ann Ruiz-Reid." Said Nick. "No. Your hands aren't dirty. I chose to kill her. If you had known sooner, you would've stopped me. If you ever have to cross the line, I want it to be a meaningful reason behind it. Your Mom was safe and she disabled her captors. We disabled the bombs. SyBert will be here any minute down and disarm them completely. There was no reason to kill her... except protecting you from becoming a killer like me. Explained Nick. "You may have some of my powers due to my demon jizz and Retromutagen, but don't forget I am the actual demon. Your father may have adopted the demon name, I was born as one, moulded to be one. I didn't meet an angel until I met you and you blinded me with your beauty. Both inside and out, Babs... I will do my best to keep you pure... in non-sexual ways, because I'm not sure who's the bigger pervert, you, me or Ashley..."
"Very funny, Buster... speaking of, would you really fuck Twilight Sparkle?" Said Barbara. "I'm talking about the Pony, not Tara Strong. Because even I would take the opportunity if Tara offered. I'd let her peg me while voicing Ben Tennyson".
Nick was stunned by that remark and it took him a second or two to react. "OK, new kink unlocked... Ashley or Alicia might enjoy that, but yes and no. Yes, I'd love to fuck Twilight Sparkle... but the Canterlot High/Equestria Girls version... also, Nearly six years together and I never pieced the Buster/Babs reference..."
Barbara was stunned by the Tiny Toon Adventures reference. "Completely unintentional. So... Now what, do we take this bomb with the others? By the way, thanks from stopping me from crossing that line."said Barbara.
"Sure. Let's go." Said Nick as he picked up the bomb and followed Barbara to the main Hallway. There they saw Summers and SyBert.
"Here's the eleventh bomb. Frozen up to prevent detonation." Said Nick as SyBert "ate" the bomb and removed the detonators and rigged the casing into a secure containment unit.
"Where's Daddy?" Asked Barbara.
"Agent Reid went to check the Boiler Room after he found me locked in a broom closet. A crazy Chameleon lady attacked me." Said Summers.
"Took care of her. She won't bother anyone else anymore... aside me and my therapist." Said Nick.
"That means he killed her." Said Bertram to Summers. "You should've seen Mexico... in fact, you're LUCKY you didn't see Mexico, Agent Summers. Even the King's Rook looked a bit queasy."
*krakkaboom!boom!boom!*
Nick and Barbara are running to the Boiler Room when Nick stopped her. "Babs, stop. I'll go alone."
"I'm the leader and it's my Dad! I'm pulling rank, GameDude." Said Barbara.
"Regardless of Rank, I still won't let you through." Said Nick. "I know you're worried, he's your Dad. But I'm more afraid of what would happen to you if the situation is dire. Let me scout ahead. Please Babs. Both Redd and Neronica would agree with me!!" Yelled Nick angrily. "I... Barbara Ann Ruiz-Reid. Do you trust me?" Said Nick coldly. "I'm not joking. Please stay outside. I'm going in solo and that's final. Hate me if you like, dump me or whatever, but I don't want to be the one to tell Neronica that I lost both you and Redd. In this equation *I* am expendable. So, the expendable will bring abck your Dad." Said Nick as he entered the Boiler Room.
***
Atop the George Washington Bridge:
Neronica landed atop the George Washington Bridge when she sensed a psychic flare up by Barbara. All she could see was Nick closing a door and welding shut. And replays of him screaming at Barbara to not go through the door. She felt Barbara getting angrier and could feel her losing control.
"Barbara! Calm down!" Said Neronica telepathically. "Breathe. Let go... Breathe in, count to 5 and let go..."
"Mom! Daddy is in danger and Nick is not being helpful." Replied Barbara.
"I'm on my way sweetie, but Nick IS RIGHT. We all know Redd's in danger, but we don't know how in danger he is. Nick is being oddly pragmatic. I sensed a flare up earlier, what happened?" Asked Neronica.
"This mad bomber, Karmeleon, was with the kidnappers and set up bombs on the Academy. Nick stopped me from killing her." Said Barbara.
"I see. Your emotions are out of control, I also sense a fear... of pregnancy? " Said Neronica. "Oh no, Dear, you're not pregnant. If you were, I'd be able to sense the baby's lifeforce. That's a Verdosian trick I need to teach you later. Seems like you're calming down, good." Neronica Took flight once more.
"But Mom, why are you siding with Nick!?" Asked Barbara. "You're MY Mom, you're supposed to to take MY side!"
"If it was me there, Nick would've opposed to me going inside." Said Neronica. "He's afraid of this situation becoming a mirror of what he went through with his Mom. He's trying to protect you from becoming like him. I'llbe reaching the Academy in 10-ish, since I'll have to walk a bit."
***
JWB Academy Boiler Room:
The Boiler Room was a mess. There were obvious signs of struggle in the area. Nick noticed something dark and sticky on the floor.
"Smells metallic... blood! I hope this isn't Redd's." Nick followed the blood through the Boiler room entrance and into the sub basement of the Academy.
Here the room got more high tech but signs of battle were clear: a big pile of rubble lied in the kiddle of the room and its shape was visible even in the dimly lit room.
"Redd!?" Yelled Nick. "Redd! Are you here!?"
Three short taps followed by three more solid taps and 3 short taps were the response.
"Wait! That's SOS! I'm coming Redd! Single m and with an o!" Yelled Nick as he moved to the source of the sounds. using detective Mode he saw Redd pinned under the rubble. Using Detective mode, Nick was able to move some chunks of rubble and reach Redd.
"Redd, I'm here! What happened? Asked Nick as he lifted the debris blocking Redd.
"A cyborg wielding a chainsaw* attacked me. He had rigged this room with smaller explosives and he didn't get away." Chuckled Redd before wincing in pain.
*chainsaw maniac from the first NES game.
Nick noticed the dead cyborg. "Redd, you're bleeding! Wait a second... CURAGA!" Yelled Nick as his VG Logic powers healed some of Redd's damage. "This will stop the bleedingnuntil we get you to a doctor. Hang in there! I still need my other half in Team protect Barbara Ann!"
"If I don't make it, Nick... I need to ask you a favor. Take care of Neronica as well." Said Redd. "I know my baby girl has you spread out thin with her pet project. I know she talks with Neronica about it. Said Redd. "I can't trust any other guy. I mean, you've been repeatedly using your sex juju on me to keep Neronica happy. You've been my wing man in my operation to save my marriage. After Barbara's coma our marriage was on the rocks..." said Redd. "My anger towards you drove a wedge between me and Neronica... I was wrong, Nick. I don't want to go without telling you that you're a Good, no, a Great Man and I'm proud of you, son."
"Don't you fucking dare die on me, Redd! We're team protect Barbara and Neronica! We kick ass and pull through! We got two beautiful ladies both inside and outside that are waiting for us. We're going to get through this. We'll go to anight on the town, have a fancy dinner; be bored to tears while they watch Hamilton; the we're heading to a hotel and make love to them. You with Neronica, while I'm with Barbara." Said Nick. "Don't you dare due on me before you meet your future Grandchildren... Elhaym Sofia Cade and Lacan Cade. They need their Grandpa Redd." Said Nick as he pulled Redd out of the rubble.
"But before all that, I need you to be here when Barbara walks down the aisle. She wants you by her side. Redd, don't you die on me, goddammit! I don't want Babs to go through the same pain I did when my Mom was murdered. So for her sake, Redd, don't you fucking die! Besides, it would suck if Agent Cade outlives you! You know it gets under his skin that we've bonded. So, We KEEP PUSHING FORWARD, SOLDIER!" Said Nick decisively as he reached the door.
Outaide Babs, Neronica, and SyBert were waiting.
"We need a medic ASAP!!" Yelled Nick as he carefully laid Redd down.
"Redd!" Shouted Neronica as she ran to her husband. "He's still alive, not fully conscious, but still alive. He's focusing on Barbara's wedding and some kids who... theoretical grandkids!?" Nick smiled.
"I tried to keep him motivated and give hin reasons to push forward." Said Nick as he hugged Barbara.
"I should've gone in." She whispered.
"No you shouldn't have. He was in a lot worse shape. I had to VG Logic a lot of curative spells just to be able to move him." Said Nick. "I was afraid of this or worse. I didn't want you to see your Dad in such a horrible state. I became a hero in order to prevent others from being orphaned via murder like I was. I failed Natsumi. I failed Licia, as my birth was the reason my father wasn't there protecting her father. My existence carries the blood of too many people. I didn't want to push a similar burden on you." Said Nick while quietly sobbing.
"I understand. At the same time, I'm not made out of glass! I have powers too! I also have the responsibility of protecting others. You may have Powers, Nicholas Raymond Cade, but you're NOT A GOD!!" Said Barbara angrily.
"I FUCKING KNOW THAT! IF I WAS ONE, YOUR DAD WOULD'VE BEEN 100% OK. WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN COLORED OUTFITS FIGHTING OTHER FREAKS AND MONSTROSITIES!! You almost died at the arcade... Do you have any idea how many times I thought of killing myself if you never woke up? Multiple times a day for Every single day you were in that bed." Said Nick trembling. "Now for the dark reason I kept you out. If I failed and Redd had died, you could project all your anger and frustration on me. It wouldn't be your fault, because'stupid Nick fucked things up while playing hero' would absolve you of any blame and if you felt like I had to die for it, I'd surrender and let you finish me." Nick wiped off his tears.
"You... were willing to throw your life away for Barbara's sake?" Said Neronica as she walked to the arguing couple. "She's a lot stronger than you give her credit for, Nick." Neronica gently wiped the tears off both Nick and Barbara. "Barbara, you need to understand that Nick's life hasn't been as blessed as yours and he's jealous of it. Not a bad jealousy, but he's willing to go to extreme lengths to protect your worldview." Neronica grabbed both Nick and Barbara's hands. "During your coma, Redd and I were gointhrough j marital problems. He tried everything he could to keep us together. Then you woke up. Even then he has kept helping us. I know of your usage of incubus powers on Redd."
Nick tipped his invisible hat.
"Thank you for that. Now, my dear Nicholas.You need to understand that you CANNOT SAVE EVERYONE. I know, Honor above power, great power has great responsibility, etc. is what motivates you. I get it, but just as you stumbled and became stronger, others have to stumble, so they become stronger." Said Neronica as she put Nick and Barbara's hands together. "Barbara, Nicholas... to use an analogy you already know, one winged angels. You two are meant to complement each other in order to achieve flight."
"Sorry, Barbara." Said Nick. "I guess, I'm still afraid of losing you. I also swore that I would protect you... and most recently, Redd made me add your Mom as an extension of you."
"Ah. Redd's contingency plan." Said Neronica. "I'll explain later. We should go now. Remember I'm I'm exactly Bishop's favorite alien."
***
One week later: MuTeens temporary Hideout: Nick's room:
Barbara, Nick and Neronica were inside Nick's room. Neronica was talking on the phone.
"The good news" said Neronica. "Red is alive and well." Nick sighed with relief as Barbara squealed. "The bad news" said Neronica. "Despite all of their efforts, Redd is now a cyborg. Due to severe injuries on his lower thorasical and lumbar vertebrae and spine, Redd's body only works from the upper torso and above. Instead of being a vegetable, he chose to become a cyborg. One side effect of this is that He now has to eat Nutritional pastes... Yes, Nick, like Robocop. and yes, like Robocop he has no dick." Said Neronica. "I guess, you know where this is going, dear." Said Neronica as Nick's eyes widened...
"Nononononono! Redd said that it was only if he died!" Said Nick. Barbara's eyes widened but then a grinchy grin slowly appeared.
"Wait, Daddy wanted Nick to make love to you if he died!?" Asked Barbara. Nick nodded. "Nick, you get to fulfill one of your fantasies and i one of mine!"
"Not gonna lie, I Have been curious about your demon dick powers." Said Neronica. "Ah, I see. We'll wait until Redd is fully recovered and you speak to him." Neronica put her phone away.
"What's wrong, Nick?" Asked Barbara.
"I don't feel comfortable cucking Redd... especially now that we've been getting along." Said Nick. "Also, she's YOUR MOM!"
"Says the soon to be sisterfucker." Replied Barbara. "So what's wrong about my Mom?"
"There's NOTHING wrong with your Mom. In fact, she's fucking hot! But She's Married. I don't want to ruin your parents' marriage." Said Nick. "I would have to get Redd's blessing before I can fulfill that request." Nick kissed Barbara on the forehead and hugged Neronica before leaving. "I'll be back in a few days. I'm going to see my Mom." Said Nick as he picked up a backpack.